Valentine's Day heart-shaped cake
Hazelnut sponge cake
2 egg yolks
50g ground hazelnuts
6g baker's yeast
1 pinch of salt
Crushed hazelnuts, to taste
- In a bowl, beat the eggs (including the egg yolks) and the sugar with an electric mixer into a smooth, frothy mixture.
- Sift the flour, yeast and salt.
- Combine the powders to the mixture by slowly folding from bottom to top. Add the hazelnuts. Butter a heart-shaped mold (about 22cm in diameter) and bake at 180C for 45-50 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut the pie and stuff with the hazelnut cream.
- Smear the same cream over the pie's exterior and decorate the edges with Ferrero Rocher. Sprinkle the center with the crushed hazelnuts.
- With a bit of red sugar paste, make a small heart and place it on the cake.