Ferrero U.S.A., Inc.
Last Updated: November 24, 2021
Ferrero U.S.A., Inc. (“Ferrero,” “we,” or “us”) is the owner of the content on and operator of www.ferrerorocherusa.com, and microsites accessed through the aforementioned websites (each a “Site,” and collectively the “Sites”).
All trademarks, trade names and logos and all related product names, design marks and slogans which appear on the Sites are either the trademarks or services marks (registered or unregistered) of Ferrero, its affiliates and/or its licensors unless otherwise stated herein. Ferrero, its affiliates and its licensors expressly reserve all intellectual property rights in all Content on the Sites. No license is granted to you in connection with any Content contained on the Sites. In its sole discretion, Ferrero, its affiliates or its licensors may seek to enforce their intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
3. User Conduct/Acceptable Use Policy. A Site may provide you with an opportunity to interact with others and share your thoughts, information, and materials. Ferrero expects all of its users to be respectful of others (“Acceptable Use Policy”). If you notice any violation of this Acceptable Use Policy or other unacceptable conduct by any user, you should contact us and report such activity using one of the options listed below in Section 18.
You are solely responsible for the content, information, and other materials that you post on a Site, submit to a Site, or transmit to other users (including, but not limited to, creative ideas, suggestions, and feedback/information on Ferrero’s products and services) (“User Generated Content”) and agree that you will not hold the Released Parties (as defined below) responsible or liable for any content, information, or materials from other users that you access on a Site.
Categories of prohibited User Generated Content listed below are merely examples and are not intended to be exhaustive. Without limitation, you agree that you will not post or transmit to other users any User Generated Content that:
- is defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, indecent or offensive;
- infringes or violates another party's intellectual property rights (such as music, videos, photos or other materials for which you do not have written authority from the owner of such materials to post on a Site;
- violates any party's right of publicity or right of privacy;
- is threatening, harassing or that promotes bullying, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- is inaccurate, false or misleading in any way;
- is illegal or promotes any illegal activities;
- promotes illegal or unauthorized copying of another person's copyrighted work or links to said work, or provides information to circumvent any security measure;
- contains "masked" profanity (i.e. F@&#);
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- contains any advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
These Terms in no way limit your rights under the Consumer Review Fairness Act. We may review, edit, or delete content and materials that you or others send or post to a Site, but are not obligated to do so.
You understand that when using a Site, you will be exposed to content and materials from a variety of sources, and that Ferrero is not responsible for the accuracy, appropriateness, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such content and materials.
4. Ownership of Material You Send, Post, Submit, or Transmit; Submissions. From time to time, Ferrero may ask that you send, post, submit, or transmit to a Site, User Generated Content. Any User Generated Content that you send, post, submit or transmit is and will be deemed and treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary by Ferrero. By submitting User Generated Content, you hereby grant Ferrero and its affiliates a non-exclusive, sub-licensable, worldwide, fully-paid, royalty free license to use such User Generated Content, without restriction, for any purpose whatsoever (subject to any third-party rights), including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, advertising, promoting, and marketing products, WITHOUT COMPENSATION, OTHER OBLIGATION OR ANY OTHER LIABILITY TO YOU, and shall further be entitled to reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast, or post in any medium, or edit, modify or delete all or any part of any User Generated Content. Ferrero shall not be liable for disclosure or deletion of such User Generated Content or for any similarities in the User Generated Content and any future Ferrero uses or activities.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Ferrero maintains a policy of not accepting or considering creative ideas, suggestions or materials from the public (“Submissions”) and therefore, you should not make any Submissions to Ferrero in any communications through this Site or otherwise. If you do send us a Submission, despite the aforementioned request not to do so, then such Submission shall be subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Section 4 above (including without limitation the freedom to use any Submissions for any purposes whatsoever and without any compensation or other liability to you).
5. Links to Other Sites. A Site may contain links to other websites that are not owned, operated, or maintained by us. You should note when you leave a Site and read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each and every website that you visit. You should also independently asses the authenticity of any website which appears or claims that it is one of our Sites (including those linked to through an email). Despite any links that might exist on a Site, we do not control, recommend, or endorse and are not affiliated with these websites or their content, products, services, or privacy policies. Viewing any third party site is at your own risk. Downloading material from certain websites may risk infringing intellectual property rights or introducing viruses into your computer system.
7. Site Transactions. If you choose to purchase any product, service, or merchandise that is made available through a Site (each, a "Transaction"), you will be asked to provide certain information relevant to your Transaction (e.g., your name, credit card number, billing address, expiration date, delivery or shipping information, etc.). You represent and warrant that you (i) have the legal right to use any credit card, debit card or other payment method that you use in connection with the Transaction and (ii) are either eighteen (18) years of age or older or have a parent or legal guardian with you to make the Transaction on your behalf. By submitting Transaction information, you grant us or the third party collecting that information on our behalf the right to provide such information to third parties for purposes of facilitating the completion of transactions initiated by you or on your behalf. Verification of information may be required prior to the acknowledgment or completion of any transaction. You understand and agree that you are charged at the time you place your order for products or services. You agree to pay all charges incurred by you, on your behalf, or by your account through our Site, at the price in effect when such charges are incurred. You are solely responsible for any taxes applicable to your transaction.
All descriptions, images, features, specifications, products, and prices of products or services are subject to change at any time without notice in our sole discretion. The inclusion of any products or services on a Site does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available. The ability to purchase products and services may vary based on location, and such locations may change without notice. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any order you place with us. Some instances that may result in your order being canceled include, but are not limited to, where a product has been mispriced; when payment or billing information cannot be confirmed; or where the product is no longer in our inventory or that of our third party fulfillment provider. In the event that we cancel an order, we will attempt to notify you by contacting the email, billing address and/or phone number provided at the time you placed the order. We reserve the right to limit the available quantity of or discontinue any product or service; impose conditions on the honoring of any coupon, coupon code, promotional code, or other similar promotion; bar you from making or completing any or all transactions; or refuse to provide you with any product or service.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties/Exclusion of Liability.
YOUR USE OF A SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. The Sites and all software, services, Content and User Generated Content made available through the Sites are PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, in which case some of the exclusions may not apply to you. We do not represent or warrant that your use of the Sites, any software, services, Content or User Generated Content will not infringe the rights of any third parties. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT A SITE, ANY CONTENT, OR CONTENT ACCESSED THROUGH A SITE WILL BE COMPLETELY SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT A SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES A SITE AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE USE OF A SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE CONTENT AND ANY STATEMENTS, ERRORS, OR OMISSIONS CONTAINED THEREIN, CONTENT PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CONTENT THAT INFRINGES UPON ANY THIRD PARTY’S RIGHTS), LINKS TO ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ITS NATURE OR CONTENTS, OR ANY OTHER MATTER REGARDING A SITE AND YOUR USE OF IT. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE UNDER ANY THEORY OF TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY AND ALL DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ATTORNEY’S FEES AND COSTS, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, COSTS OF COVER, AND PERSONAL INJURY/ WRONGFUL DEATH), EACH OF WHICH IS HEREBY EXCLUDED BY AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH A SITE IS TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE SITE. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of certain damages in which case some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
The foregoing limitations of liability are not applicable to residents of New Jersey. With respect to residents of New Jersey, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES FROM THE USE OF A SITE UNLESS SUCH DAMAGES ARE the result of our negligent, reckless or intentional acts or omissions.
ANY PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES DESCRIBED ON THE SITE ARE OFFERED IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE THEY MAY BE LEGALLY OFFERED FOR SALE. THE INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS NOT AN OFFER OR SOLICITATION BY ANYONE IN ANYONE IN ANY JURISDICTION IN WHICH AN OFFER OR SOLICITATION CANNOT LEGALLY BE MADE, OR TO ANY PERSON TO WHOM IT IS UNLAWFUL TO MAKE A SOLICITATION.
You agree to use best efforts to cooperate with us in the defense of any such matter. We reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you.
13. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Notice. It is our policy to respond appropriately to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”), including the removal or disabling of access to material claimed to be subject of infringing activity. If you believe in good faith that materials available on one of our Sites infringes your copyright, you should send a claim or notice of infringement relating to the Site or its Consent to Ferrero’s designated agent as follows:
Ferrero U.S.A., Inc.
Attn: Legal Department – DMCA
7 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07054
Telephone: (800) 688-3552 or (732) 764-9300
Ferrero U.S.A., Inc.
7 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07054
Telephone: (800) 688-3552 or (732) 764-9300