Chocolate cubes with pippin apple compote and Ferrero Rocher
65g hazelnut flour
65g powdered sugar
25g flour type 00
25g table sugar
25g melted butter
10g unsweetened cocoa powder
3 egg whites
1 pinch of salt
peeled and diced
1 vanilla pod
1 pinch of salt
110g fresh cream
5g gelatin sheets
fleur de sel
8 Ferrero Rocher
8 bars of dark chocolate (5x5cm)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Whisk the eggs well with the powdered sugar and hazelnut flour.
- Beat the egg whites with the table sugar until firm.
- Combine the egg whites with the other egg mixture.
- Add the melted butter, flour type 00, cocoa powder and a pinch of salt.
- Spread the resulting mixture on a plate (rectangular, 25x35cm) covered with parchment paper.
- The spread should be one centimeter thick.
- Put it in the oven, set at 200°C, and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Then cut 16 squares (5x5cm).
PIPPIN APPLE SAUCE
- Heat the sugar in a non-stick pan.
- Then, add the diced apples and one seed scraped from inside the vanilla pod with a pinch of salt.
- Cook over low heat, constantly stirring for 7-8 minutes, until the mixture loses its moisture.
- Turn off the heat, transfer the fruit to a bowl and let cool.
- Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water.
- Caramelize the sugar with a tablespoon of water (7-10g) in a large stainless steel pot (to see the color of the sugar caramelizing). Heat the cream separately.
- When the sugar and water has mixed thoroughly, simultaneously turn off the heat and add the warm cream – be careful as the rising liquid will overflow and burn rapidly.
- Continue to stir, add the butter, then the wrung gelatin.
- Let it cool and add a good pinch of fleur de sel.
- When the caramel has perfectly cooled, stir in the mascarpone.
- Place a square of sponge cake into a 5cm-square cookie cutter, then add a layer of applesauce (approx. 40g each) and cover with a second square of sponge cake.
- Remove the cookie cutter and decorate the cakes with the salted caramel cream, add the chocolate bars dusted with gold powder.
- In the center add a bit of cream and sit a Ferrero Rocher praline on top – it will add a sweet and crunchy flavor.