Easter Bunny Cupcakes by Jess Lemon ~ step by step
BUTTERMILK CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
• Preheat oven to 180°C.
• In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and bicarb soda.
• In another separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla until well combined.
• Mix the wet ingredients with the prepared dry mix and whisk until smooth.
• Lastly add in the hot coffee and mix until well combined.
• Scoop the mixture into prepared cupcake liners and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
• Allow to cool completely.
CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
• In a stand mixer bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the softened butter on high until light and fluffy.
• Meanwhile, sift the cocoa powder and icing sugar.
• Reduce the speed to low and gradually add in the icing sugar mixture, alternating with the milk.
• Lastly add in the vanilla essence and beat for 1 minute until creamy.
• Transfer the buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle, set aside.
EASTER BUNNY FEET
• Pour the melted white chocolate into a piping bag or zip lock bag.
• With the flat side of the chocolate button facing up, pipe 3 small dots on the top, finishing with a larger circle beneath the 3 dots to resembles the bunnies foot.
• Allow the chocolate to set before decorating the cupcakes.
• Pipe a generous swirl of buttercream on top of the cooled cupcakes.
• Assemble a Ferrero Rocher at the centre of the frosting to resemble the bunny tail.
• Gently place two bunny feet just behind the Ferrero Rocher and enjoy!
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Regular cupcake pan (12 pockets), 12 cupcake liners, Stand mixer or hand held mixer with paddle attachment, Medium Ice cream scooper, 3 Large mixing bowl, Sieve, Scales, Measuring spoons, Whisk, 2 Piping bags, Star nozzle tip, Cooling wrack, Oven mitts, Silicon spatula, Baking tray, Baking paper