Ferrero U.S.A, Inc.
Last Updated: November 24, 2021
Effective Date: November 24, 2021
If you are a California resident, click here to view the “Your California Privacy Rights” section for information provided pursuant to California law.
1. Collection of Information From and About You. We collect certain categories of personal information from and about you, depending on how you interact with us.
- We collect Demographic Information. We may collect information such as your age, gender, and birthdate.
- We collect Contact Information. We may collect your name, address, telephone number, email address, and/or username through a Site when you voluntarily submit it.
- We collect Device, Internet, and Network Activity Information. When you connect to a Site, there is certain technical information that may be collected through the use of “cookies” and other tracking tools. This information may include, but is not limited to, your IP host address, internet browser type, personal computer settings, and the number, duration, and character of page visits. We collect information about users over time when you use the Site. For example, we may look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We may also have third parties collect personal information this way. This information assists us to update a Site so that it remains interesting to our visitors and contains content that is tailored to visitors’ interests. You may set your computer browser to disable cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you disable cookies, we may be unable to optimize your visit to a Site and certain features on the Site may not be available. Learn more about these tools, and how you can control them, here.
- We collect and develop Inferences. We may draw inferences about you, your preferences, and your characteristics using the pieces of personal information collected about you.
2. Sources of Your Information. We collect personal information about you from various sources, depending on how you interact with us. For example:
We collect information directly from you. We may request that you submit information in certain instances, such as when you submit comments or questions, request information, participate in a promotion, contest or sweepstakes, or utilize other features or functions of a Site.
We collect information from you and your devices passively. We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons. We do this when you interact with our Sites, our ads, and in emails that we send to you.
We get information about you from third parties. For example, our vendors and business partners may give us information about you. Social media platforms may also give us information about you.
We may also combine information. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. Or we may combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
3. Use of Your Information. We may use each of the categories of personal information described above as disclosed and described here:
- To provide you with services and to respond to your questions, comments, and requests; to provide you with access to certain areas and features on a Site; and to improve our products and services. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us.
- For marketing purposes, including to provide you with information about new products and special offers, and to serve you with ads about our products and offers. We may tell you about new features or updates. We may also tell you about third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. To learn about your choices for these communications, read the “Managing Your Personal Information” section below.
- For security, safety, and due diligence; to investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, the rules or policies of a Site, or the rights of third parties; or to investigate any suspected conduct which we deem improper.
- For other purposes as disclosed when your information is collected or in any additional terms and conditions applicable to a particular feature of a Site.
- For disclosures required by law, regulation, or court order, or if a government agency or investigatory body requests.
- In an emergency to protect the health or safety of users of a Site or the general public, or in the interests of national security.
- As otherwise permitted by law, or as we may notify you from time to time.
4. Sharing Your Information with Other Parties. We may share each of the categories of personal information described above with the following other parties:
- Our parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and promotional partners.
- Entities involved in creating, producing, delivering, or maintaining a Site, as required to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the Site (such as administration of the Site, administration of promotions or other features on the Site, marketing, data analysis, fulfillment partners, payment processors, or customer services). In order to share such information, it may be necessary for us to transmit your information outside the jurisdiction set forth below and you agree to this transfer. Further use or disclosure of information by these parties for other purposes is not permitted.
- Third parties for their marketing purposes. These third parties may include our promotional partners and other business partners. These may also include third parties in whose products or services we believe you may be interested. These third parties may also share your information with others. These third parties may use the information for their own marketing purposes, or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising.
- If we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating potential fraud. This might include fraud we think has happened during a sweepstakes or promotion. Or we may share your information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
- Any successor to all or part of our business. During the course of our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires Ferrero or all or part of our assets, information that we have collected about the users of the Sites may be transferred to such entity. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- As otherwise permitted by law, or as we may notify you from time to time.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, please contact us at 1-800-688-3552 or follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us. Even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions and other communications with our customer service team.
6. Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, you can make the following more specific requests with respect to your personal information:
- Access: You can ask us for access to the categories of personal information we collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information, the categories of personal information we sold or disclosed, our business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling the personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you over the past 12 months.
- Deletion: You can ask us to delete personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
We will not discriminate against you for making any of these requests.
How to Make Requests: California residents can make an access or deletion request online by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 1-800-688-3552. California residents can make a Do Not Sell My Personal Information request by clicking here (here) or by emailing us at email@example.com. We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests. For purposes of these requests, personal information does not include information about job applicants, employees and other of our personnel; information about employees and other representatives of third-party entities we may interact with; or information we have collected as a service provider to our clients (except as provided by California law).
Verification and Authorized Agents: We will verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps may vary depending on the sensitivity of your personal information. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. When submitting the request, the authorized agent must be identified as an authorized agent.
Additional Disclosures: Please note the following regarding how we collect, use, and share your personal information, including in the previous 12 months:
7. Links to Other Sites. A Site may contain links to other websites that are not owned, operated, or maintained by us. You should note when you leave a Site and read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each and every website that you visit. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any website which appears or claims that it is one of our Sites (including those linked to through an email). Despite any links that might exist on a Site, unless expressly stated otherwise, we do not control, recommend, or endorse and are not affiliated with these websites or their content, products, services, or privacy policies. Downloading material from certain websites may risk infringing intellectual property rights or introducing viruses into your computer system.
8. Protection of Children’s Privacy. Ferrero takes the protection of children’s privacy seriously. We operate the Sites in compliance with all applicable laws in the jurisdiction set forth below. Our Sites are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from any person under the age of thirteen (13) without prior verifiable parental consent.
9. Security Practices. The security of your information is very important to us. We have put in place standard physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or information stored on a Site or our servers will be completely safe. Your use of a Site demonstrates your assumption of this risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility for any damages (including, but not limited to, any and all direct, special, indirect, consequential, or punitive loss or other damages of any kind, whether in contract (including fundamental breach), tort (including negligence), or otherwise) that you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorized access, misuse, or alteration of any information you submit to a Site.
© 2021 Ferrero