1. This Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organized by Ferrero Ithemba RSA (Pty) LTD and its agencies (“Promoter”).
2. The Competition is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa over the age of 18 (eighteen) years in possession of a valid South African Identity Document except any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls, or is controlled by, the Promoter and/or immediate family members of any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control or controlled by the Promoter, their agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers, its affiliates and/or associated companies (“Disqualified Persons”).
3. The Competition is only valid within South Africa. Participants must be within South Africa at the time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes being awarded should they be declared a winner, failing which such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first draw.
4. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding the decision. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason that the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
5. The Competition commences on 1 November 2018 and ends on 31 December 2018 both days inclusive.
6. The prizes (“Prizes”) includes the following:
a. 9 x Ferrero Rocher Cones (1200 g) valued at R1000
b. 1 x trip for 4 to Cape Town on a luxury experience to attend a VIP event (Veuve clicquot masters polo 2019) valued at R250 000
7. The Trip Prize Winner and their Travel Partner must be available to travel together to the Trip Prize between 1st March 2019 and 3rd March 2019(“Travel Dates”). Should the Winner be unavailable to take up the Trip Prize on the Travel Dates, provided and determined by Promoters, the Winner and their Travel Partner will be deemed to have forfeited the Trip Prize. In such event the Trip Prize will revert back to the Promoter.
8. Should the Winner of a Trip Prize wish to make any changes in any way whatsoever, to the Trip Prize, other than what will be arranged by the Promoter, including Travel Dates and the number of Travel Partners, such costs, charges, expenses or any such adaptations or variations to the Trip Prize, will be on the Winner’s own account.
9. To stand a chance of winning any of the Prizes listed in clause 6a-b participants must purchase any 2 of the following Ferrero Products bearing the promotional sticker (Ferrero Rocher T16, Ferrero Rocher T24 diamond, Ferrero Rocher T30, Ferrero Collection T15 and Raffaello T15) (“Participating Product”)
a. Entrants must peel the sticker of the participating product and it will reveal a unique code
b. Dial *120*6673# from a registered prepaid cellphone number at a cost of 20c (twenty cents) per 20 (twenty) seconds. For clarity, a registered cellphone number is one that has been RICA’d and registered in the name of a Participant or a Minor Participant’s parent or legal guardian; and
c. Follow the text prompts to complete their entry.
d. Entrants must keep the promotion codes for eventual verification by the Promoter
(hereinafter referred to as an “Entry”).
10. Due to network restrictions, USSD sessions time-out after 120 (one hundred and twenty) seconds (“USSD time-out”). If a Participant successfully enters their Code before the USSD time- out, their Entry will be considered valid.
11. All prize winners will be determined by random automatic selection draw on the following draw dates:
a. 5 November 2018
b. 12 November 2018
c. 19 November 2018
d. 26 November 2018
e. 3 December 2018
f. 10 December 2018
g. 17 December 2018
h. 3 January 2019
i. The Grand prize draw will take place on the by no later than the 6th of January 2019 among all the valid entries submitted within the Competition period
12. Participants may enter the Competition as many times as they wish over the Competition period, provided that participants complete the Competition entry steps set out in Rule 9 above.
13. FERRERO ROCHER CONE PRIZES
a. Participants stand a chance of winning one prize per household.
b. The Promoter will call the possible winners on the cellphone number used to enter the Competition. The possible winner will be called once a day for 3 (three) days and if the Promoter is not able to contact the possible winner during this time, the Promoter will move onto the next possible winner.
c. The possible winner will need to be verified and provide South African ID/or residences permit and complete a finalist form. Blurred or obscured copies will result in disqualification. The requested documents need to be sent within 24 hours if not done the finalist will be disqualified and the promoter will move onto the next possible winner.
d. If the possible finalists pass verification and submits documents stipulated in rule 14c they will be declared a winner by the Promoter. The validity of such documentation is at the Promoter’s discretion.
e. The prize will be couriered to the winners chosen’s physical address within South Africa within 14 working days from being declared a winner.
f. The promoter will deliver within 2 x attempts if the delivery fails the prize will be returned to the promoter and the winner will need to arrange for collection or delivery at their own cost.
14. LUXURY EXPERIENCE
a. Participants stand a chance of winning a Grand Prize Experiences.
b. The possible winner will need to be verified and provide South African ID/or residences permit and complete a finalist form. Blurred or obscured copies will result in disqualification. The requested documents need to be sent within 24 hours if not done the finalist will be disqualified and the promoter will move onto the next possible winner.
c. Travelers must be physically fit to travel. South African ID Copies submitted must be emailed to the Promoter. Blurred or obscured copies will result in disqualification. Travelers must also comply with any other travel requirements, failing which the possible winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize.
d. The Grand Prize is for the winner and 3 guests only. The Promoter will not accept requests to increase the number of individuals.
e. Participants, whose entries have been drawn and have been confirmed as valid after the verification process, will be notified telephonically within 24 hours from receipt of valid documentation and declared a winner. The validity of such documentation is at the Promoter’s discretion.
f. Should the winner be unable to use the Grand Prize on the dates provided and determined by Promoters, the winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Grand Prize. In such event the Grand Prize will revert back to the Promoter.
g. The winner and travelling partner will be required to sign the Promoter’s indemnity form. Should the winner and/or travelling partner refuse or fail to do so for any reason whatsoever, the winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Grand Prize. In such event the Grand Prize will revert back to the Promoter.
h. Travel, hotel reservations and events are subject to availability and may not be available on certain dates. Travel Dates may be varied and any or all amendments of travel dates will be at the Promoter’s discretion.
i. The Grand Prize includes:
- V.VIP experience for winner and 3 friends to the Master Polo event on 2nd March 2019
- Flights to Cape Town
- 2 night accommodation in Cape Town
- R5 000 shopping voucher x 4 to spend on an outfit for the event from V&A Waterfront
- Access to the Ferrero lounge
- Arrive by helicopter
- 4x V.VIP tickets
- Spa treat for 4
j. as determined by the Promoter and no correspondence will be entered into as to the Promoter’s choice of airline, ticket class and hotel accommodation, all of which, including the length of stay, is at the Promoter’s discretion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any other expenses, which the winner may incur as a result of their acceptance and/or use of the Grand Prize whether foreseen or not. Ancillary costs, including but not limited to additional transport, meals, personal and incidental expenses, insurance, government taxes, management fees or other fees applicable are not the responsibility of the Promoter.
k. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any changes, substitution, withdrawal, cancellation or postponement of any part of the itinerary beyond its reasonable control. The Promoter is not obliged to award any other prizes in lieu if any such event is cancelled, postponed, substituted, withdrawn, changed or unavailable.
12. The Prizes are neither transferable nor redeemable for cash and the Promoter is not liable for any defect in the Prizes. The Promoter reserve the right to substitute Prizes with any other prize of comparable commercial value.
13. All Prize Winners and their Travel Partner are obliged to behave responsibly at all times and comply with the Competition rules and all reasonable requests of the Promoter and its agents. In the event that the prize Winner and/or Travel Partner acts in any manner that brings The Ferrero Rocher Company, the Promoter, its affiliates and/or associated companies’ name into disrepute at any time (including but not limited to display or publicize any political slogans, child pornography, or use homophobic language, images of a lewd or explicitly sexual nature, images containing logos of competitors and overt brand sponsorship or anything else deemed to be ambush marketing, content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable or infringes others’ rights), the Promoter or its agent shall, at its sole discretion and without any form of compensation to the Winner and their Travel Partner, and without limitation to any other claim the Promoter may have under law; arrange for the Winner to travel back home and leave the destination.
14. In addition to any other the verification requirements set out in these Rules, the Promoter may require the Prize winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification, as well as supply a copy of their valid ID within 24 hours of being confirmed a winner, to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prizes and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
15. The Promoter may require the winners and/or their travelling partners to be identified and photographed and the photographs published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting their Prizes and/or after having received their Prizes. The winners and/or their partners will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoters’ marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
16. Prize images on the POS material are used to represent the prizes for promotional purposes, and might differ from the actual prizes awarded.
17. Entries that are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors or from Disqualified Persons will be declared invalid.
18. All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, their advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers and identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to Ferrero Rocher, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this competition including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the Prizes.
19. All entrants that engage with the promotion information will not be shared with any third parties and are strictly kept with Ferrero Rocher and the promoter. All entrants will receive future communication from Ferrero Rocher and if the entrant no longer wants to receive communication they can choose to OptOut of the SMS and any other communication channels.
20. All queries in connection with this Competition should be directed to +2711 2157140