FOR THE CAKE:
Large cake tin (24cm in diameter, 10cm tall)
330g fresh cream
50g of hazelnut flour
10g Vanilla Extract
FOR THE FILLING:
1500g milk chocolate
FOR THE DECORATIONS:
200g white chocolate
1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, or to personal preference
46 FERRERO ROCHER®, or to personal preference
For the cake:
- Whip the cream, previously cooled from the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar for about 15 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Sift the flour and baking powder and add it to mixture along with a few drops of vanilla extract.
- Finally, fold the whipped cream from bottom to top.
- Bake the sponge cake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 180C; then, another 20 minutes at 160C.
- For the top layer, repeat the recipe by reducing the dose in half, for a mold of 18cm in diameter/10cm tall. Each sponge cake will be cut into three equal parts.
For the filling:
- Pour the cream into a saucepan and cook over low heat.
- As soon as it starts to boil, remove from heat and add the chocolate to melt it.
- The mixture should be smooth and consistent. Let it cool.
- With a spatula, layer the milk chocolate ganache inside the cake and spread it over the outside as icing.
For the final touches:
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler and drizzle on top, allowing it to drip slightly off the side of the cake. Spinkle toasted hazelnuts on white chocolate drizzle.
- Place the top layer of the cake onto the base and repeat with white chocolate and toasted hazelnut sprinkle.
- Finish decorating with FERRERO ROCHER around the base of each layers of the cake.