• Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Place the plain flour, icing sugar, almond meal and cocoa powder into a food processor. Blitz to combine.
• Add butter and pulse until a bread crumb consistency.
• Add in egg yolk and vanilla, pulse until a dough forms.
• Roll out the dough in between two sheets of baking paper to 2mm thickness.
• Freeze for 30 minutes.
• Grease tart rings, slice 2cm wide and 8cm long strips of the rolled out pastry.
• Mould the strips into the rings and cut a 2cm diameter disc of pastry for the base of the pastry.
• Chill the moulded tart rings in the freezer for 30 minutes.
• Blind bake for 12 minutes, remove the baking beans and bake for a further 5-8 minutes. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. (Keeps in an airtight container for 2 months).
• Place the sugar and water into a saucepan over medium to low heat. Bring the mixture to an amber colour, swirling every now and then “DO NOT STIR”.
• Meanwhile bring cream and vanilla bean paste to a simmer over medium to low heat.
• Once the sugar mixture has come to an amber colour, slowly add in the cream swirling gently until well incorporated.
• Remove from the heat and add in the butter and salt, using a stick blender and blend until well combined (Optional). Pour the mixture into a bowl and allow to cool down completely.
• Place the milk chocolate and dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, melt in the microwave in 30 second bursts.
• Meanwhile bring cream to a simmer.
• Remove from the heat and pour the cream onto melted chocolate, using a spatula mix until well combined.
• Add in the Nutella and salt. Using a stick blender, blend in the butter until smooth. Pour into a piping bag.
• Melt the chopped dark chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts until completely melted.
• Pour the melted chocolate into a piping bag. Snip a very small slit off the tip of the piping bag.
• Carefully pipe a loop on a flat baking sheet and repeat to make 30 strings, make extra just in case.
• Allow to cool down and harden before gently brushing the surface with luster dust.
• Crumble the chocolate coating off the liquorice,
• Cut each tube of liquorice into 3-4 tint cylinder of 4mm tall
• Dust them lightly with luster dust and set aside
• Pipe a thin layer of salted caramel on the bottom of the baked tart shells.
• Cover the caramel with Nutella ganache just below the brim and set aside in the fridge to set for 15-20 minutes or until the ganache has set
• Place a Ferrero Rocher on top of the chilled tart.
• Pipe a small dollop of glucose syrup on the top of the Ferrero Rocher and press a Liquorice top to resemble the tops of a Christmas Bauble
• Lastly, carefully peel off the chocolate string off the baking paper and pipe a dollop of glucose syrup on top of the liquorice to help stick the string in place and enjoy your homemade edible ornament.