Chocolate and Hazelnut Cake
Chocolate Cake with Pippin Apple Compote
|Hazelnut flour||65 g|
|Powdered sugar||65 g|
|Melted butter||25 g|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||10 g|
|Pippin apple sauce|
|Peeled and diced apples||700 g|
|SALTED CARAMEL CREAM|
|Gelatin sheets||5 g|
|Fleur de sel|
|Squares of dark chocolate (approximately 5x5cm)||8|
|Gold powder or dustings|
Chocolate cubes with pippin apple compote and Ferrero Rocher - step by step
• Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
• Whisk the eggs well with the powdered sugar and hazelnut flour.
• Beat the egg whites with the table sugar until firm.
• Combine the egg whites with the other egg mixture.
• Add the melted butter, flour type 00, cocoa powder and a pinch of salt.
• Spread the resulting mixture on a plate (rectangular, 25x35cm) covered with parchment paper.
• The spread should be one centimeter thick.
• Put it in the oven, set at 200°C, and bake for about 10 minutes.
• Remove from the oven and let cool. Then cut 16 squares (5x5cm).
PIPPIN APPLE SAUCE
• Heat the sugar in a non-stick pan.
• Then, add the diced apples and one seed scraped from inside the vanilla pod with a pinch of salt.
• Cook over low heat, constantly stirring for 7-8 minutes, until the mixture loses its moisture.
• Turn off the heat, transfer the fruit to a bowl and let cool.
SALTED CARAMEL CREAM
• Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water.
• Caramelize the sugar with a tablespoon of water (7-10g) in a large stainless steel pot (to see the color of the sugar caramelizing). Heat the cream separately.
• When the sugar and water has mixed thoroughly, simultaneously turn off the heat and add the warm cream – be careful as the rising liquid will overflow and burn rapidly.
• Continue to stir, add the butter, then the wrung gelatin.
• Let it cool and add a good pinch of fleur de sel.
• When the caramel has perfectly cooled, stir in the mascarpone.
ASSEMBLY AND DECORATION
• Place a square of sponge cake into a 5cm-square cookie cutter, then add a layer of applesauce (approx. 40g each) and cover with a second square of sponge cake.
• Remove the cookie cutter and decorate the cakes with the salted caramel cream, add the chocolate bars dusted with gold powder.
• In the center add a bit of cream and sit a FERRERO ROCHER praline on top – it will add a sweet and crunchy flavour!